Composition Question

ahtchristina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these two photos of my cat sitting behind some blinds on a sunny day. He was sitting right next to a bar between two windows, and that can't really be helped. Given that he was next to the bar, which of these is better, purely based on composition? I like #1 because you can't see the bar as much, but in #2, you can see his outline better and he's in a different pose, so I think he looks more like a cat.

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4526.JPG

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
When I think about Composition ,I Think of composing music . Or organizing the elements of the art work in question .
In the two photos posted here, the line of the blind distracts to the extent that both photos are a loss . Anything that dissects the subject in anyway is a loss to me .
you have placed the Cat off center ,thats a good thing . The Idea of a cat silhouetted is a good one to continue pursuing . Of the two #1 is the better ,because I have never seen a unicorn cat before .lol

Just my thoughts ,If you don't like them I will give you a 100% refund .
Clyde

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like the idea, but I don't think it worked here. #1 the silhouette is not distinct enough, #2 you can see the shape better but the bar kills it. I just think "Awww why did you stab a pole through him?" :lol: . I know you said the bars couldn't be helped, but it still kills the shot regardless. For me anyway. Someone else might say differently.

CowgirlMama

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I think #2 would have been really good without the bar. Maybe you can catch him there again when he's not right against the bar?

OP
A

ahtchristina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks everyone for your input. Pretty much mostly what I thought myself re: the beam. The sun shines in that window quite a bit so hopefully I can get him there again. Here's hoping!

Most reactions

New Topics