Computer builds, what do you run?

In all honesty I used to be into pcs right around when half life came out. I quickly got frustrated as its a headache to try keep up. So now I only game on consoles and as long as I can edit photos and videos I am happy.

I just put in for a new PC at work and will let you guys know the specs when it comes in. It's a dell of some kind. I do know it has the most ram possible and a big processor. I had to upgrade because my current pc couldn't edit this hour long documentary I am working on won't work.

To be honest I find keeping up isn't too much of a problem. If you're just gaming chances are you don't need super-power (super power is for video editing and 3D graphics design and programming). So if you buy a good solid computer for gaming chances are it will last a good 5 years or more - maybe longer if you are ok with turning some of hte graphics settings to medium and such (and you can turn things like shadows off as well to really get some performance boosts with little impact on visual quality in most games).

That said I never keep up with the hardware side of things; I just set a rough budget then pester some geeks for advice on good quality parts to stick inside that fit the budget.

Macbook pro 13" (mid 2012)
2.9ghz i7 processor
16gb DDR3 memory
Standard Intel HD 4000 1024mb graphics
24" 1920x1200 display
64gb SSD for system and apps
256gb SSD for data
external trackpad, keyboard usb hub, wacom tablet and speakers.

That's about it! :)

Samsung something-or-other laptop.
I got one of these for my birthday and just picked up a second one with a holiday gift card: Model B+ | Raspberry Pi

I recently built a new system:

i7 4790K 4GHz Processor
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (4 x 8GB) DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4GB GDDR5 RAM
512GB 850 PRO Series SSD
2x 128GB 850 PRO Series SSD
Corsair Obsidian 350D Micro ATX Case
2TB Elements Portable Hard Drive
ASUS PA249Q 24" LED Backlit IPS Monitor
Windows 8.1

I love the power.

Jim

Haha I've actually built a fully submerged system it was a lot of fun but not the most realistic and a huge pain in the ass when you wanted to swap things.

Jim that's a sexy build man!! I think I remember you making a thread on that recently.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back