computer does not always load color profile on restart.

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have the color monek display monitor calibration tool.. when i restart my computer which is my laptop with a second monitor. it does not always load the color profile.. most of the time it does but sometimes it does not..

when it does not load the profile this is what happens. the computer restarts, it does not load the color profile, after a good 10 or 20 seconds i see the colors on the monitor change to the calibrated profile and than they go back to the original profile.. usually that happens on both screens.. this time when i just restarted the computer that happend but the laptop monitor changed back to the wrong profile but the second monitor kept the correct profile.. that is the first time i have seen one go back and one keep the calibrated prifile.. usually they both go back when it screws up. and if i restart the computer again the profiles i want will usually load.

most of the time the correct profile loads after restarting the computer, recently it seems like its getting worse at loading the calibrated color profile.. it used to be every now and again when it screwed up but its been doing it some what often the last month or two..

after this restart i saw the second monitor load the calibrated profile and it kept that profile but the laptop monitor did not, it went back to its non calibrated profile and its still looking very blue ish in color....

when i go to the color profile settings its showing the profiles i made set at default.. but it shows 2 profiles there but its not saying which one its using. and i do not see a way to load the one i want..

windows 10, asus G75 Laptop, core i7 processor, gtx 670mx grafics card. 8 gigs of ram..

images of the color profile settings.. and in the invidia controol panel its set to other applications control color settings so the invidia control panel for changing the colors of the monitor should not be doing anything i do not think..

Capture 11.PNG
Capture 22.PNG

thanks, i will see if any of that helps.. i appreciate it..

things are a bit different in windows 10,

number 2, defender is already disabled.

numbr 3 i just did that.. had to get to it a different way since i have windows 10

number 4 not sure that is a option in windows 10

number 5 not exactly sure how to do that one on windows 10

number 6
1 looks like its default..
2 not sure how to do that exactly. but it looks like doing number 3 put a check in the box but its still greyed out.. so i think it worked..
3 just did that...

restarted the computer and my monitors loaded the correct profile.. allot of the times they do so i am not sure if the issue if fixed or not but hopefully it will now load them every time..

so on restart it used the stock color profiles. after the compurter started booted up and started doing its thing, i saw it change to the calibrated profile. change back to the stock one and than it changed back to the calibrated profile and stayed there.

Last edited:
Just found a thread in the Microsoft forum related to that topic: icc color profile resetting in Win 10

In that case the issue occurs every time a game is started, but i think the problem is the same.
You might also want to check if a new driver for your graphic card is available or if a new one was installed .

Just found a thread in the Microsoft forum related to that topic: icc color profile resetting in Win 10

In that case the issue occurs every time a game is started, but i think the problem is the same.
You might also want to check if a new driver for your graphic card is available or if a new one was installed .

thanks.. ill check that out..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back