Computer Hardware Question?

dpotts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone know what system most of the high end photographers are using. I have seen alot on television where the camera is tied into the computer and the photos are showing up on the monitors as the shots are being taken. I would like to expand to this type of setup.

Thanks very much
Dennis

most modern digital cameras support this for at least MAC and windows systems.

Historically, graphics pros generally prefer Macs. I think for plain ol' photo editing, either Mac or Windows will be fine.

If you like making movies, DVDs, etc., I think that you may prefer a Mac along with Apple's basic iMovie and iDVD programs, or go to the more pro-level Final Cut Express or Pro and DVD Studio Pro.

most all, if not all modern computers (PC and MAC) can run the software to do this.

I run it on a newer PC and and Older one and it works fine. I use canons free software EOS Utility for remote shooting.

I use Capture for Nikon and do this on several PC's including an older laptop running a AMD 1600 XP processor and Win2000 w/ 1 gig. ram. Works beutifully. I am sure it would run on a much lesser computer as well.

thanks for all the replies. I am currently running a new intel mac pro with two 23" apple monitors.

The main question I have is what software are they using. Does aperture have this capability to log the shots as they come in. I have seen some clients of mine who wish to see the photos in real time.

Thanks again everyone,
Dennis

thanks for all the replies. I am currently running a new intel mac pro with two 23" apple monitors.

The main question I have is what software are they using. Does aperture have this capability to log the shots as they come in. I have seen some clients of mine who wish to see the photos in real time.

Thanks again everyone,
Dennis

I would tell them to deal with it...

but the camera comes with software to do this.

I can see how having this feature would be nice when photographing a live model. the software I have seen shows the picture coming in, and the already taken images.

Is this something that Aperture does.

Thanks again
Dennis

Most reactions

New Topics

Back