What's new

Concert shots from student festival

Safe link, I promise :D

You understand, I'm not allowed to share photos until after the festival is over. I can, however, link to the site at which they are published :)
 
Last edited:
Those dudes in the spandex.......whew....Not a Safe Link!!!! Just kidding.

You did good. I know recently you've had a big interest in film. Did you shoot these with film or digital?
 
Those dudes in the spandex.......whew....Not a Safe Link!!!! Just kidding.

"Strongly contrasting the previous artists, Anal Bros entered the stage in bathrobes to play hard and unserious rock. They gave us Knut Hamsun’s lullaby in falsetto, and honoured Fridtjof Nansen as a pioneer of nude photography in “Nansen the Nudist”. Halfway through they lost the bathrobes, to reveal the world’s smallest lederhosen and little else."

 
Those dudes in the spandex.......whew....Not a Safe Link!!!! Just kidding.

You did good. I know recently you've had a big interest in film. Did you shoot these with film or digital?


LOL, probably should have put a warning somewhere. I did bring my Yashica Ministed 700 and an Ilford D 3200, shot at around ISO6400, but these are digital. I'm going to develop it this weekend, I think. I brought another 3200 to another concert, but I ended up underexposing the entire roll. I thought I read the apprx exposure from my digital camera, but I must have done something wrong. Hopefully, this one is better exposed than the last one..

I can provide links to my other events as well. not many pics published from my sets, and they don't necessarily choose my best ones either. Once the festival is over, I'll post a set of my best ones. One of the artists from the event I linked to here, came over to me after his concert and asked if he could get some shots. I heard with my boss (copy rights issues), but it was alright to send him some. So, maybe, soon, I'll have my name on some shots on his home page :)

Here are two more links to two other concerts I went to. The Rednex one was awesome. Great concert, and really fun to shoot. I have many shots, but only two was published. I was invited by the journalist to come along backstage for his interview. So, I asked the band if I could have a shot of them backstage. I saw a cool background, set up my flash and took a few exposures. The result can be seen on the first of the following links. Just remember, I don't like the photo they published. Cut off limbs, harsh red light, not the best composition. Still.....

UKA i Ås 2012 - Arrangementomtaler - Rednex danset fletta av Aud.Max

UKA i Ås 2012 - UKEbloggen - Slippfest uten glipptak
 
UKA i Ås 2012 - Arrangementomtaler - Rednex danset fletta av*Aud.Max

I think these look pretty good Anders! But yeah, "editors"...Grrr!!!, and Ugggh!!!...they often choose photos that we as photographers think are not our best work...and it shall always remain so!!! Why can others not see the genius that WE SEE? This is a frustrating aspect of shooting for "others"! Bummer about that underexposed roll of film. Been there, done that,always sucks! Keep at it, dude!
 
I got some more! I was one of three photographers on a concert this Friday. Unfortunately, I was the last one to submit photos, and so none of mine were chosen for the review. Anyway, later that night, I shot a small, Norwegian heavy metal band. Awful music, and bad lighting. Black and white was the best. Link:

UKA i Ås 2012 - Arrangementomtaler - Storslått punkrock i Festsalen


Last Wednesday, our uni hosted the Norwegian championship in "Law Throwing". The goal: throwing the book containing all of Norway's Laws as far as possible. Norwegian record is 39 meters, held by University of Oslo. We got a new uni record, 37 meters. Link:

UKA i Ås 2012 - Arrangementomtaler - Lovsamlinger i farta!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom