What's new

Confused

jlw94061

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi and thanks for any help, I have a Nikon D3400 and actually love it still, but I’ve noticed something odd . It appears to allow me to set the aperture to levels my lenses don’t go to, how is this possible? I’ll attach the lenses data then the data from a sample photo, I’m confused
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6757.webp
    IMG_6757.webp
    641.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6758.webp
    IMG_6758.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 1
The aperatures printed on the lens are the widest the lens will open at the listed focal lengths. So that lens will open to F 4.5 @ 70mm and F 6.3 @ 300mm. Most lenses close down to at least F 22; you'll have to check the specs for that specific lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom