Congrat me guys

Pomo

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am happy to say that a series of my landscape photographs received an award from the Ministry of Culture of the Russia!

Google translate:

"Karasuns" is a chain of small lakes in the territory of Krasnodar, Russia (*I live there*). Their banks are covered with reeds, and the bottom is silted. The word karasun is translated from Turkic as "black water".

The project has existed since 2017 in the form of the series "The Road", "Russian South" and "Karasuns". Stylistically, photographs are close to pictorialism, but instead of film and soft optics, a conventional camera and special image processing were used. To this date, a sufficient number of works for the exhibition has been collected.

With the help of this project, I wanted to not only convey the beauty of the Karasuns, but also to draw attention to the existing problems. This is a periodic discharge of harmful substances and fish die-off, littered coasts and their development by high-rise buildings. "We used to walk by the lake, but now there is a fence" - local residents complain. For many pictures, it was necessary to manually remove large debris from the frame, and then clean the rubbish while processing photos. I hope that holding the exhibition will help preserve the beauty of our lakes.

cb70a0b70b09.jpg

021f9dfbc0cf.jpg

8a2d4036161e.jpg

f7a37b70b7f4.jpg

4f9c429eaeda.jpg

7753697317c4.jpg

2d48ea70a39c.jpg

ec7738dd9adf.jpg

f1e81633259a.jpg

686695884a76.jpg

ac732908a26c.jpg

Congratulations man. Evocative landscapes!

As I said on the other forum, you have a great style that is your own plus being a great photographer so I`m well chuffed for you.

I'm very happy to see you receive this recognition.

Nicely done!

Поздравляю.. Заслуженно!

I am happy to say that a series of my landscape photographs received an award from the Ministry of Culture of the Russia!

Google translate:
Beautiful set! Congratulations on the recognition!
"Karasuns" is a chain of small lakes in the territory of Krasnodar, Russia (*I live there*). Their banks are covered with reeds, and the bottom is silted. The word karasun is translated from Turkic as "black water".

The project has existed since 2017 in the form of the series "The Road", "Russian South" and "Karasuns". Stylistically, photographs are close to pictorialism, but instead of film and soft optics, a conventional camera and special image processing were used. To this date, a sufficient number of works for the exhibition has been collected.

With the help of this project, I wanted to not only convey the beauty of the Karasuns, but also to draw attention to the existing problems. This is a periodic discharge of harmful substances and fish die-off, littered coasts and their development by high-rise buildings. "We used to walk by the lake, but now there is a fence" - local residents complain. For many pictures, it was necessary to manually remove large debris from the frame, and then clean the rubbish while processing photos. I hope that holding the exhibition will help preserve the beauty of our lakes.

cb70a0b70b09.jpg

021f9dfbc0cf.jpg

8a2d4036161e.jpg

f7a37b70b7f4.jpg

4f9c429eaeda.jpg

7753697317c4.jpg

2d48ea70a39c.jpg

ec7738dd9adf.jpg

f1e81633259a.jpg

686695884a76.jpg

ac732908a26c.jpg

As I said on the other forum, you have a great style that is your own plus being a great photographer so I`m well chuffed for you.
I appriciate your comment Dave!

Most reactions

Back