Considering purchasing a Battery grip for my DSLR D7000

Reaction score
Website
be.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I absolutely love having a grip on my D7000 (as well as my D7100) and wouldn't consider having either without one. Much easier and solid to hold, especially in portrait mode.

However both of mine are Nikon brand even though I had the chance to save a lot of money buying non-Nikon brand grips. Some people have reported compatibility issues with some non-Nikon brands however I have never heard of anyone ever having compatibility issues with the Nikon grips. They work flawlessly and have been as reliable as the cameras they are mounted on.

Some seem to work OK others seem to have issues. Sorry but I don't know specific brands that work or don't work. If the one you are looking at has a cast-iron reliable no-questions-asked warranty then it might be OK, otherwise I'd be wary of it.

Keep in mind the grip Adds a single battery.
You still keep one battery in the body. And yes, you have to remove the grip to get to the first body battery for recharging.

I also use Nikon only grips and batteries ... so I have no recommendation for you.

I've seen a double battery grip for other models but not the d7000. BUt then, I have a OEM grip anyways.
Same here. The grip for both my D7000 and D7100 holds one battery pack and the second is in the camera itself. The grip on my D90 (also a Nikon grip) replaces the battery in the camera and holds two battery packs or one set of AA batteries.

Waste of money IMO. Save up for a lens.

Great purchase, makes the camera more stable in the hand if nothing else (specially for my massive hands)

I got the aftrermarket ones for my D7000 and D7100 and they are great. D7100 version was slightly better quality imo (same brand Pixel Express)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back