Considering trading my 5D MKII and 70-200 f4 L for a Leica M3

"Ooooh -- is that a Leica?," the young lady asks as she eyes the Argus C3 hanging from my neck.

"Why, yes it is," I reply with a cool and knowing smile. "Made in Germany, you know." :)

I met a good friend like that. lol.. "Is that a Leica?!" "Yashica Electro..."

I do have probably at last count 16 35mm film cameras including everything from a Zorki 4K, many other rangefinders, and a bunch of SLR's including my original A1 from 78, my second A1 from 80, AE1, Nikon FM2, and a medium format system. So I do Do film. I also have four other DLSR's another 5DMKII, 40D, and a t1i. And for video I have a couple nice pro "real" video cameas, a Panasonic AH-HD27V, and a RED camera. Sooo....trading off a 5DSMKII will not leave me wanting for a dslr and as said I shoot film so am fairly well versed at it. I have always wanted a Leica M2,3 pretty much for the same reasons I have always wanted a Rolex Submariner (which I have ) due to the precision, presteige, and feel. Just like my Submariner isn't as accurate as my German made 1000m water resist Tauchmeister quartz dive watch, it is MUCH NICER and very nice to have a Submariner. I guess this is a large part of why I WANT a Leica M2 or 3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back