Contact Sheet From 35mm negatives

Submariner1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!

I have approximately 50 rolls of processed negatives from the last 30 years that I never printed and I am wondering if anyone knows of a cost-effective way to make contact sheets from the film. Are there film processing labs that still produce contact sheets without scanning the film? I would prefer that since labs in my area charge $8/roll to scan then I would need to arrange and print....any help here would be appreciated. I do not own any film processing equipment so I would like to just mail my negatives to a lab and have them do the work.

Thanks

Andre

Ask the lab you send your negs to.

Colour or Black and White? If the latter, you can make contact sheets fairly easily at home. (Colour is a lot more compliated though, do not reccomend trying that yourself.)

For 50 rolls of black and white, thats probably the best way - labs charge a fortune.

Btw nearly all labs will scan - virtually none print optochemically any more

Hi!

I have approximately 50 rolls of processed negatives from the last 30 years that I never printed and I am wondering if anyone knows of a cost-effective way to make contact sheets from the film. Are there film processing labs that still produce contact sheets without scanning the film? I would prefer that since labs in my area charge $8/roll to scan then I would need to arrange and print....any help here would be appreciated. I do not own any film processing equipment so I would like to just mail my negatives to a lab and have them do the work.

Thanks

Andre

Your question isn't completely clear to me but, yes, there are labs that can print traditional (i.e., non-digital) contact sheets but they aren't cheap.

The most cost effective way would probably be to get them scanned. Or, you could buy/borrow a scanner and do it yourself.

Most reactions

Back