Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, the theme is "Nature in the backyard". I figure these images suit that to a 'T', but I'd like input on which one and also ANYTHING that can be done to improve them. Thanks!

Deer1_5x7_Small.jpg

Deer2_5x7_Small.jpg

Deer3_5x7_Small.jpg

Deer4_5x7_Small.jpg

Deer6_5x7_Small.jpg

(There is no #5)

OK, I go for #1, 3, and 4.

The black background in #2 is too centered half-way down the frame and doesn't help. I think you could stand to crop a bit of the right side off of #1.

#4 is such an unusual pose for a deer, that I totally cracked up when I saw it. I think it's my favorite. #1 would be my second choice. #3 looks like he's caught in the headlights, although I think the composition is good. You also don't really have his eyes, and I think that always hurts an animal image.

#6 does nothing for me.

Good subject. They look a little oversharpened though. I really like the expression in #3.

Thanks everyone; right now, I'm leaning toward #1 just because of the character. As far as the sharpening, I've only applied minimal sharpening with Nik Sharpener, BUT I think maybe even that was too much. I'll try walking it back.

Thanks everyone; right now, I'm leaning toward #1 just because of the character. As far as the sharpening, I've only applied minimal sharpening with Nik Sharpener, BUT I think maybe even that was too much. I'll try walking it back.

The more I look, the more I prefer #1. My problem with it, though, is that the deer's ear keeps dragging my eye to the right side of the image where there is empty space.

#1 is the strongest image here, but I like #2 too. I would go for a bit less sharpening though.

#1 - Your strongest.

#2 - Looks as if you interupted it just before leaving "deer tracks".

#3 - "The hell with this GWC, gotta go, gotta go"

#4 - Another strong shot. Nicely composed.

#5 - :confused: There is no #5.

#6 - So Bambi really didn't make it then, it was all a lie.

I'd go with either 1 or 4. What a great day to find this in your back yard. Well done.

if the topic is "nature in the backyard" it seems to me you should strive to find a quality shot that somehow shows that the nature in question is in someone's backyard, don't ya think?

I like the shots, but they lack the "backyardedness" LOL

good luck

jerry

Most reactions

Back