What's new

Contest....which one?

mishele

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
13,661
Reaction score
4,898
Location
In your dreams!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm entering in a local club photography contest!! I was wondering which one I should enter........
Category is Nature/Flowers....
1.
4508119475_9fc853b856_o.jpg

2.
4490763928_2f5934b935_o.jpg
 
I find #1 very dramatic while #2, to me, is just another sprayed flower. It may not be but I just get tired of the spraying. Lol.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
I find #1 very dramatic while #2, to me, is just another sprayed flower. It may not be but I just get tired of the spraying. Lol.

lol I admit I am a sprayer!! I need help, I'm an addict!! Thanks for the comment Cloud!! :hug::
 
#1 but i think i would crop a bit of the top off and make it square
 
If it was just you I wouldn't see as many... lol. But it's not just you so the non-sprayed one seems like a better choice. Plus I really think the other one is quite dramatic.

I don't think I need to go into the details of why. I believe you know what I'm talking about.

Good luck with the contest.
 
gsgary, sorry, I don't agree with the square. I love square images (Hassy lover here) but, in this case, it would crop to much. IMHO.
 
the first picture has it all.... lovely
 
Very nice indeed but, I don't know, it doesn't grab me. Maybe leave a bit more on top and crop some of the bottom?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
This is the original
4508759000_59970fe70e.jpg


So you can see that I did crop a little.
 
#1 for sure. I like the original with no crop, It gives more Depth to the surrounding area, and puts the flower into context to its surroundings, with the crop I feel like its just one flower. Also I think a square crop places the focal point too centered.
 
I prefer the square crop. I still get the context.
I think the focal point works centered, because the petals lead you to it anyways.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
Ok Bitter............straight up answer.....Do you think this would have a chance of winning anything? I know I can count on you.:sexywink:
 
Oh, you can't ask me that!

I hate competitions. It all depends on the judges, and what baggage they come with.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom