contraption

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
480c1601.jpg

I'm getting some weird 'moire' (if that's the right word) or something that looks like Newton Rings. Is that on purpose?

I'm getting some weird 'moire' (if that's the right word) or something that looks like Newton Rings. Is that on purpose?

Nah, not on purpose. Just having a lousy morning. Thanks for pointing it out- I thought I got rid of it.

off to bed...

On a similar topic, I had a very cheap digital camera (employer bought it for work purposes) and after a while, it started to go wonkey...colors and tones looked like a cartoon nightmare. Anyway, I took some images into Photoshop and started playing with the levels...and out of nowhere...a strange pattern appeared across the image, mostly in the sky. It was a complex geometric pattern that was repeated several times....very funky.

Sorry to hi-jack

On a similar topic, I had a very cheap digital camera (employer bought it for work purposes) and after a while, it started to go wonkey...colors and tones looked like a cartoon nightmare. Anyway, I took some images into Photoshop and started playing with the levels...and out of nowhere...a strange pattern appeared across the image, mostly in the sky. It was a complex geometric pattern that was repeated several times....very funky.

Sorry to hi-jack

The windmill was shot May of 2003 with my nikon 990 at Joshua Tree National Park, Mojave Desert, CA. It's a vertical crop from a horizontal format, so it's rather extreme. I've been trying to learn selective sharpening and blurring. The windmill was sharpened, the overcast sky was adjusted in curves and then blurred- will have to try again sometime.

I've been going through my shots of the area getting ready for several trips out there and to a few other locations in the park I'll be making in the next 4 weeks. I like to do that before-hand to get the area set in my head as to how and what I want to shoot it when I do get there.

The windmill is part of the Bagley Ranch. Worth Bagley got himself killed in the 1940s by a fellow named Bill Keys. Bill went to prison for it but was pardoned after his release. The story is far more complex and intriguing, but basically that's the motivation for working on the shot.

There's some cool looking odds-and-ends at the ranch there. This time I'll be shooting the location specifically instead of hiking on through to where I went last time.

Anyway, with a few hours sleep in me I can see the problem in the shot. I have better equipment and more experience now. When I get out there I'm hoping to get something better. The shot was taken mid-morning. The location will be outrageous at sunrise.

'moir,' cool word.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back