Controlling Noise in post processing and my issue with RAW images

Does PsE 11's Camera Raw have a Sharpening/Noise Reduction panel that looks like this:

SharpeningPanel.jpg

Yes precisely
Great. Now. Do you know what all those sliders do?
Like how the Radius slider relates to edge frequency in the image, and what the Masking slider does?

Do you know you can hold down the Alt key, hover the cursor over the slider triangle, and see how moving the slider affects the image?

This book was written by the guys that wrote the software (math algorithms) that makes that Sharpening panel work - Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Does PsE 11's Camera Raw have a Sharpening/Noise Reduction panel that looks like this:

SharpeningPanel.jpg

Yes precisely
Great. Now. Do you know what all those sliders do?
Like how the Radius slider relates to edge frequency in the image, and what the Masking slider does?

Do you know you can hold down the Alt key, hover the cursor over the slider triangle, and see how moving the slider affects the image?

This book was written by the guys that wrote the software (math algorithms) that makes that Sharpening panel work - Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

I'm familiar with these features and how they affect the image through trail and error. Maybe I'll read some literature on it like you suggest.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back