What's new

Convergence and Contrast

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Outing%20with%20Jim%20-%20012%20bw.jpg


c/c Welcome if desired.
 
I love it but I don't. hehe There is just something a little off on the crop for me. I've been playing with and I cant figure out. I guess maybe it has something to do with it being split down the middle but I don't know. Maybe I'm crazy!! I'll come back and look at it again later! =)
New crop or not, it's still a nice shot.
 
I dig it. I don't quite know why.

I do know that it disintegrates if that slightly bright spot about 3/4 of the way up the center strip, on the left side (I think this is probably a somewhat diffuse reflection of the sun off the building) wasn't there, so somehow that ridiculously subtle bit of tonal variation pulls it all together, even though I don't see how it's got the beef to pull it off.

I think you could burn the left and right edges down, creating a gradient from darker (on the edge of the frame) to the current tone (by the time you reach the inner edge of each of those nearer concrete walls), to some good effect. I think you could go almost black at the edges of the frame. This changes the picture to something else, though. It's not a subtle tonal play, it's a muscular celebration of Brutalist Architecture or some damn thing.

There's balance in the lines, I guess?

The thing works, but I cannot see all the gears that make it go. Well done!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
ooo... love the reactions to this. Thanks for the comments.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom