Converging

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The converging elements that just miss Blackpool Tower, and the interesting light, prompted this shot. The Colonnades (on the left) were the subject of one of my posts earlier this week.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Colonnades-and-Tower-2.jpg

Yes, sure, you had your wife "people" the colonnades for you in your earlier photo, right?
And it is true enough: I was thinking of you when they said WHERE they found that earring of Marlene Dietrich ... did you get my good vibes when I thought of you?

Converging lines, or "vanishing point" as I first heard this called here on TPF, are one of my most favourite compositional elements in a photo (any image, in fact), along with straight lines and repetition, such as the lamp posts on the right.

And I don't know how you arrange for this interesting light any time you get there!?!? Wow.

Thanks for the kind comment Corinna. I hadn't realised that Marlene's found earring was a story in Germany too, though I should have realised it would be.! I took this shot when battling through a headwind and blown spray while out for some exercise with my wife. One day soon we'll get some cold, calm, bright winter weather - maybe!!

Regards, Tony

I love this shot, and the post processing is great, makes it look timeless...

very nice !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back