Conversion/Adapter Lens Opinions

Crynos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I am new to the forum and to the dSLR world. I am currently shooting with a Rebel xTI with a 18-55 kit lens as well as a 75-300mm. I am finding it difficult to shoot high quality macro and wide-angle panoramic shots with my current set up and as I am about to go on a lengthy trip, I was considering a few options.

Everyone I speak to concerning lenses always advises that you get what you pay for, etc. and that you should spend your money on quality glass. Although I am certain that is the case, I am only willing to spend ~$100, so that leaves me with very limited options.

While navigating ebay, I came across a ton of lens conversion kits that add wide-angle and macro and wanted your opinions on these. I know that nothing can compare to a quality lens, but are these a total waste of money for general photography?

Here are a few links to those I was looking at...

(Link #1)

(Link #2)

(Link #3)

Also, do these lenses always produce a fish-eye effect? I am not interested in something that will produce it... Any suggestions are welcome, bear in mind that I do not want to spend more than $100.

Thanks!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back