Cooking

Island Chicken (the REALLY easy way)

1 pack of precooked baked chicken breast strips (near the fresh cut meats in the store)
1 bottle (small) of non-alcholic Pina Colada mix (liquid)
2 Cups flour
Veggie Oil

Put flour in a bowl - slowly mix in the Pina Colada mix until it is about the consistency of thin gravy. Dip chicken strips in mixture and set aside on a cookie rack.
Heat oil to 350 degrees. Fry chicken strips for about 3 minutes or until golden and crispy.

Drain on paper towels.

That's it!

MDowdey said:
^
|
|
thread hijack.

anyways...anything with chicken is usually pretty fool proof, so you cant go wrong there. if you are really concerned with messing it up, then go for something like hamburgers.

Hahaha...I'm rather good at cooking, but somehow I mess up hamburgers almost every time!!!! :biglaugh:

Thanks for the site, recipes and advice :) I think I might go with a pasta, a nice salad, and some other little side dishes (just incase something sucks, there is a backup!). I think I might be ok, as long as I don't make him sick.

AlisonPower said:
I can't cook, or rather, I don't like to cook :mrgreen: Does he like to cook? It can be fun to make something together :D

He loves to cook, and is pretty good at it. He actually cooks for me ALL the time, thats why I thought it would be nice to surprise him with a meal I made. He'll be so surprised.

terri said:
Pasta is my go-to dish when I can't think of anything else. You can boil water, right? ;) I mean, a LOT of water in the largest pot you have.

YES! I can boil water! heh, thats a start! Thanks, that sounds really good. I think I might give it a whirl!

MDowdey said:
anyways...anything with chicken is usually pretty fool proof, so you cant go wrong there.

I'm kind of a picky eater, and I don't each chicken.

Most reactions

Back