What's new

Cool Webpage

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
2,680
Reaction score
0
Location
New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was searching the web for sunrise and sunset times for the upcoming weekend. I came across this webpage. It is a map of the day/night time across the globe with the position of the sun and moon.


I live in NY, Hawai it is still nightime with the moon up in the night sky. The far East is already in "tomorrows" night time. Very cool and a visual map which really sends the message home.
Take a peek if you are interested.

Day and Night World Map
 
Years ago, before the Internet took off, I had one of those hanging on a wall. It was backlit and ever so slowly changed throughout the day.

It really fosters a sense of how day and night work.

That's like people calling the far side (or other side) of the moon the 'dark side'. It actually gets just as much light as the side of the moon we always see and isn't always dark.

Here's another version:http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/world_map_day_night_info/

How about this map: http://www.lightpollution.it/worldatlas/pages/fig1.htm
 
Last edited:
Keith
Those are pretty cool too.

the light pollution map is amazing. It almost makes me say forget night photos where I live :confused:


Also, we have heard them say the Africa is the dark continent...look at Autralia.

Thanks for the links, I am going to bookmark them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom