Cooped up

squirrels

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Here's this weathered old chicken coop door. I was happy about it when I shot it, but I'm having a tough time with it in post. Everything here was done in rawtherapee, but I also speak GIMP (with a strong accent).

SOOC:

Is it a chicken shed ? if so go back and open the door just enough for a chicken to poke its head out and there is your shot

It is, but that shed hasn't seen a chicken since before I was born! I think you are right though. This could be improved with poultry!

Ya know, there's always a rubber chicken hanging around...

I really like your B&W conversion, very well done!
One suggestion, what if you cropped the dark strip from the right side? It pulls attention from the rest of the door.

I like the rubber chicken suggestion too.

I think for me I would like to see even space above the top lateral board and the bottom one, essentially centering the image vertically (if that makes sense). A few adjustments to square it all up and I would really like it (not sure about your software, but 'skew' or 'distort' in Elements).

One suggestion, what if you cropped the dark strip from the right side? It pulls attention from the rest of the door.

Thanks blacksheep! I'm going to ask a silly question. Do you mean the dark strip on the left side of the pic?

deeky, good point. I'll work on unskewing.

I never thought I'd say I wish I had a rubber chicken! Man, I really wish I wish I had laynea24's "hot chicks" (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/320528-peter-alea.html)

You pretty much nailed it. I agree about cropping the top. I would then darken what remains above the top horizontal strip.

Thanks blacksheep! I'm going to ask a silly question. Do you mean the dark strip on the left side of the pic?

deeky, good point. I'll work on unskewing.

I never thought I'd say I wish I had a rubber chicken! Man, I really wish I wish I had laynea24's "hot chicks" (http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/320528-peter-alea.html)

No, I did mean the right side. I took the liberty of editing (hope you don't mind if you do I will remove right away) just to show you what I see from your original image:

8550061634_3acab88219_z_zps412fec37.jpg

I cropped a bit, and did a small adjustment to straighten it out as suggested above.This is only a suggestion, I do like your original shot as it is too.

Thank you, Mully! I couldn't decide whether I was trying too hard in post (especially since I've never been all that gritty).

I definitely do like your crop and straighten, Black Sheep! Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back