Whitesocks57
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Mar 19, 2026
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Walsall
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Firstly, let me introduce myself. New arrival on here. Older, not rich. I use a variety of Sony cams, including the RX100 III and the DSC HX 400V. That latter of which I'd like to talk about today.
I bought one new in 2014 and it has been a superb camera until late last year when the image stabilisation error message kept popping up and then the screen got lines all over. I don't have a lot of money and felt lucky when I dropped on a 400V in good condition on E Bay.
Everything works fine. I can transfer pics from the camera to my phone using the IEM software. Then I came to set up the remote shooting. I got an error message saying the download services including remote app have been discontinued.
Half an hour on live chat with Sony just wound me up, they've no knowledge of their products.
Research online has turned up nothing.
I know the 400V is an old camera, but for the size of the software app, it's a bit rich of them to just withdraw a useful app for this model.
I'm wondering if any of you Sony wizards know of a work around? I looked at the Creative app they do and my model is excluded. Might there be a standalone android app that interfaces? My camera hooked up to my home wi fi easily enough, so that's working.
The research I've done, I know I'm grasping at straws here. Appreciate any feedback on this.
Keith.
I bought one new in 2014 and it has been a superb camera until late last year when the image stabilisation error message kept popping up and then the screen got lines all over. I don't have a lot of money and felt lucky when I dropped on a 400V in good condition on E Bay.
Everything works fine. I can transfer pics from the camera to my phone using the IEM software. Then I came to set up the remote shooting. I got an error message saying the download services including remote app have been discontinued.
Half an hour on live chat with Sony just wound me up, they've no knowledge of their products.
Research online has turned up nothing.
I know the 400V is an old camera, but for the size of the software app, it's a bit rich of them to just withdraw a useful app for this model.
I'm wondering if any of you Sony wizards know of a work around? I looked at the Creative app they do and my model is excluded. Might there be a standalone android app that interfaces? My camera hooked up to my home wi fi easily enough, so that's working.
The research I've done, I know I'm grasping at straws here. Appreciate any feedback on this.
Keith.
