What's new

Copper Mine

Neat picture - shows the scale at which some of these things operate. Care to share the location?

WesternGuy
 
Highland Valley Copper Mine between Logan Lake and Ashcroft, BC. You drive right alongside it on the 97C highway. Just past this you get to the massive tailings pond. Funny they still call it a pond, it is the size of a large lake. A real nice blue colour though. I took a few pictures, but they didn't make the cut. I'll get out there another time and see what I can do with it.

And in regards to the scale, those dump trucks don't look all that big in the picture but they are HUGE
 
Neat! Looks like the side of one of the great pyramids! I also like the sense of scale the image shows.
 
Not sure is this the brand of truck in the picture but this will give you a sense of scale in regards to the size the truck to a human. The tires stand 4.028 m (13.22 ft) tall, and weigh 5,300 kg (11,680 lb)each. I did not take the attached picture, just did a quick image search. Any idea how deep the mine actually is as it appears that you can not see the top of the mine in your picture?
kmsutrk.webp
 
Neat! I must drive up that way sometime and see it for myself.
And if you have time, get up a mountain with a view of the grasslands around Ashcroft. I did, but didn't have my camera. It was pretty impressive!
 
My sisters son drives one of those trucks in the Taconite mines in Northern Minnesota. They are impressive.
 
Not sure is this the brand of truck in the picture but this will give you a sense of scale in regards to the size the truck to a human. The tires stand 4.028 m (13.22 ft) tall, and weigh 5,300 kg (11,680 lb)each. I did not take the attached picture, just did a quick image search. Any idea how deep the mine actually is as it appears that you can not see the top of the mine in your picture?View attachment 87610
The top of it is just out of the frame, but it goes a ways below the bottom. I don't have any numbers for how big it is though.

Glad you posted the picture of the truck. I think the ones there were roughly the same size.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom