TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
any thoughts?

100_2999.jpg

i really lie the pattern and abstrct i feel from this shot,

i think its neat

it is good, if you consider it to be a pattern photograph. to be very honest, it doesn't have a story in it.. and despite of the fact you state its a roof, its somewhat difficult to make out the total architecture. if you kept a reference on the surrounding, it would have been better. but the concentric pattern itself - starting from a point in the center and emerging in circles look great.

As an abstract photo I do like this very much, mostly so because the middle part of the roof is NOT in the centre of your pic. But as an abstract photo I also feel it could do with a little boost of colours and contrasts.

Ah, since you say your pics are ok to edit, I thought I'd show you what little measures can be taken to make the colours,circles and lines stand out more.

See the histogramme for your original pic?
dispic_100_2999_histogramme.jpg

No highlights, no shadows.

I could push the levels quite far, from 255 to 200 in the highlight section and from 0 to 40 in the shadow section:

dispic_100_2999_histogramme2.jpg

With just a bit of USM (unsharp mask), this is my (quick) end-result:

dispic_100_2999_myedit.jpg

How do you like it?

I did not touch neither contrasts nor saturation, only the levels. No more.

I like it a lot, thank you. I am quite new to all this and its really good when people take the time to show you what can be done to make a photo look better.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back