Corel Paint Shop Pro

PPI is meaningless until an image will be printed.

Only to an extent. PPI only comes into consideration when processing and editing to print. DPI is print value, which stands for Dots Per Inch. 2 to 3 dots can fit inside a single pixel.

The reason I'm bringing this up, is the print clarity of your photos can be affected by not understanding. Many people confuse PPI for DPI, and vice verse. In most cases, under the average consumer, it doesn't matter. the quality at 300ppi regardless of printer resolution will turn out decent.

However, if you shoot an image, process it at 300PPI, the printer you are printing on must print at 600-900DPI to produce the same quality image that you processed. In other words, if your printer has a 1200dpi resolution (very common amongst the graphic design realm) it is important that you create your work to at least 600ppi.

Like I said, this all becomes super meticulous, and it's not that important over all. However, Editing your image at 300ppi on a photo printer that prints at 1200dpi, is going to show a quality loss after print.

So, just some information for those who want it :)

Thanks everyone for the info @kmh that is the info I was looking for thank youand @ Aaron thank you as well as that is also some helpful info.

Most reactions

Back