Cormorant pair with 1 wing each.

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, in my favorite local spot I frequent many times a week, I usually see the cormorant with 1 wing around somewhere standing on a log or swimming by me. There was a time when cormorants were more frequent at this location now only a few remain. Well knowing that this cormorant has 1 wing I know it cannot travel by flight so it stuck around. as I usually don't photograph the cormorants too often I never noticed until last night that there were two with only 1 wing. I have no idea if it was an accident, or born this way.

I was waiting for a king fisher to land up on a high point of the log that it usually does around 7:00. I photographed the cormorants for a little while waiting, I loved the color in the reflection and the calm smooth water.

1) Focus on the right one wide open for smooth background
b1.jpg

2)
Just one cormorant at an earlier time
b2.jpg

3) Stopped down to F11 or so to get both cormorants in decent focus
b3.jpg

4) a dragonfly reflection I thought was interesting. 0 saturation, full vibrancy for this look
b4.jpg

5) Hey that's not a cormorant, bonus green heron.
b5.jpg

You nailed the feather detail in #2! All are very nice though.
poor little guys, but they look healthy enough. Here on Cape Cod Canal, I see injured seagulls with broken wings, and normally it is not a happy ending. ( I think the fisherman may get them with their line?)
Nancy

Thanks for your kind words

I love that dragon fly photo. Exceptional

Nice as always. Poor cormorants. Not sure if any one noticed but # 2 looks like Cormorant and dragonfly in flight lower right corner.

Quick question, i edit on a monitor that must be a little over saturated compared to iPhone screen as well as my guess other monitors people maybe viewing my photos on. I put this photo into my phone and did the auto correct in iPhone photo edit. It looks better on the phone, maybe you all could tell me what looks better

Attachments

• $image-3835195940.jpg
    $image-3835195940.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 158
  • $image-1273246200.jpg
    $image-1273246200.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 124

Most reactions

Back