Cosplay Editing Comparison

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just thought it'd be interesting to share this. Here's a recent shot from an anime convention I went to.

Before and after.

ColossalconEast2017_Daryll Morgan Photography-2.jpg ColossalconEast2017_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg

Thoughts, and C&C welcome.

Cool shot. I really like it. If I were this cosplayer I'd be really happy with this. Something that draws my attention though is the cowlick in her hair. If it's a defining character detail, definitely keep it, but if not I would try editing that out. I also think some warmer skin tones would give her a healthier appearance, something similar to the skin tones in the before shot. She has a bit of a purple tinge to her skin in the after shot that makes her look a bit sickly to me.

Thanks for the feedback! I know she'll definitely like it. I'll see what warmer skin looks like, but I think I'll leave her hair as-is.

Took some time comparing both the original and the edit. When I first viewed the smaller versions I was ready to say you should have kept the original, but when I enlarged them- Wow, I have to say I think you scored a slam dunk on the edit. I wouldn't change a thing, the skin tones in the edit to me exemplify what I would expect anime skin to look like (not normal skin tones). The eyes are fantastic. Great Job!!

I don't like the color cast / cross-process you added. otherwise a clean edit.

I HATE how your lens rendered her OOF arms in the foreground.

With her in blue which seems to match some of the background, maybe she should have stood near the brown instead (and the almost complementary color could help make her stand out). Helps to think about the vantage point and notice the background when setting up the shot.

I preferred having all the blue.

But here is a version with her face a little warmer.

ColossalconEast2017_Daryll Morgan Photography-1.jpg

Thanks for your feedback, everyone.

Most reactions

Back