8685076088_5abfa16580_o.jpg
[/URL] Cottage Island by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

3. Sudbury Spring 2

8683959031_3867cfbfc2_o.jpg
[/URL] Sudbury Spring 2 by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

4. Sudbury Spring

8685075684_9df388e76d_o.jpg
[/URL] Sudbury Spring by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

They seem like a nice portrait of your home(?) town. They are not shots I'd like to have on my wall, because I feel nothing about that place. But I think they are nice. I especially like the water. Does that make sense? :p

Actually, they sort of remind me of Norway. So, if I were excommunicated, and forced to live in the wilderness in a stone cottage made by my bare hands long, long away from home, maybe in Canada or something, and I lived there for 30+ years (based on stone scrapings each day), and came across these photos and were suddenly filled with a deja vu feeling of home because they reminded me of home, they I guess I could have had them on my wall, still.

They are nice but would be a little more exciting if it were a more colorful time of year.

Definitely looks like Sudbury :)

How much sharpening did you do? A couple of them seem noisy and/or overly sharpened, but perhaps that is just from the bright lighting.

They seem like a nice portrait of your home(?) town. They are not shots I'd like to have on my wall, because I feel nothing about that place. But I think they are nice. I especially like the water. Does that make sense? :p

Actually, they sort of remind me of Norway. So, if I were excommunicated, and forced to live in the wilderness in a stone cottage made by my bare hands long, long away from home, maybe in Canada or something, and I lived there for 30+ years (based on stone scrapings each day), and came across these photos and were suddenly filled with a deja vu feeling of home because they reminded me of home, they I guess I could have had them on my wall, still.

Thanks Compaq!
Yeah that totally makes sense. I started thinking that once I realized no one was replying lol. This inb't my "home" town per say but I do live here and I know these photos were taken with a vantage point that hasn't been done before. (rooftop mechanical area on a geology building)

Well if Norway is a place that is like a city stuck in the wilderness then yes, you'd fit right in. THere are lakes everywhere and need to drive around many of them to get any where.

They are nice but would be a little more exciting if it were a more colorful time of year.

Maybe it would, but this, IMO really represents Sudbury well in the spring and it's nice sometimes to see places in a different light. On the same token, I hope to have the opportunity to take those photos in the summer and fall as well.

How much sharpening did you do? A couple of them seem noisy and/or overly sharpened, but perhaps that is just from the bright lighting.

I didn't sharpen very much actually, but yes I did sharpen, I did have to bump up my ISO since I didn't have my tripod, so that may be the case.

By your comments, I'm assuming you've been here before?

And thank you all for your comments ;)

I didn't sharpen very much actually, but yes I did sharpen, I did have to bump up my ISO since I didn't have my tripod, so that may be the case.

By your comments, I'm assuming you've been here before?

Yep, my company has a branch office in Sudbury, and I go up there every now & again to help them with some projects. Other than the really long winters, I love Sudbury! Always have a good time when I'm there :)

I just took a look at your Exif data, and it looks like you only had your ISO at 200, which isn't very high at all.

Yep, my company has a branch office in Sudbury, and I go up there every now & again to help them with some projects. Other than the really long winters, I love Sudbury! Always have a good time when I'm there :)

I just took a look at your Exif data, and it looks like you only had your ISO at 200, which isn't very high at all.

Hmm, I'll have to go back and see what's up. I tried it with higher clarity and didn't like it as much and dropped it down. I wonder if has anything to do with the circular polariser? This was my first time using it.

Sudbury is great in the summer, winters are long unless you own a sled or icefish. Both things I don't do. At least I have hockey to keep me sane lol.

Most reactions

Back