What's new

Country Boy

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I need your help :) My familiarity with the items might be clouding my view of this image.

I'm trying to capture this corner of Mr. Rabbit's shop and I'm almost happy with this one, one thing that worries me is there is no logo showing to identify the "red thing" and I'm not sure it is recognizable w/o it. I guess my question is ... do you recognize what it is and how the picture/gloves/red thing go together?
Thanks for taking a look!

 
Looks like a heavy punching bag, some work gloves, and a poster of the car from Dukes of Hazzard, the "General Lee". I watched DUkes of Hazzard only a small number of times, but I do not understand at ALL how these items go together. Of course, it has been over 30 years since I saw an episode of the show...

The Dukes of Hazzard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, maybe if you put a hot-looking female wearing a pair of Daisy Dukes in the background by the wall, perhaps a mental connection would be triggered....I dunno...I'm willing to look at photos like that and report back...
 
Thanks Derrel :)
Well glad you saw it was a heavy bag! The connection isn't in the show ;) "Country Boy" was kinda a hint at where I was going, I'll leave it for a bit to see if anyone else has thoughts before I share what my intention was.

As for the Daisy Dukes... sorry I don't photograph people unless absolutely necessary! :P
 
As for the Daisy Dukes... sorry I don't photograph people unless absolutely necessary! :P

Just think of it as photographing the heavy bag and shorts, pretend the lady in the shorts isn't there.

As for the picture, I see country boy in the picture of the General Lee and the Welding gloves on the heavy bag. I guess to me (being a redneck) is that country boys make due with what they've got.
 
I see it Pixel, but the punching bag doesn't necessarily say "country boy" to me.....but, of course, I'm from suburbia.

I like the warmth of the image and the way your subject, via the gloves, leads you to the general lee. Gives the feeling of things that are loved, not just used.

Desi
 
As for the Daisy Dukes... sorry I don't photograph people unless absolutely necessary! :P

Just think of it as photographing the heavy bag and shorts, pretend the lady in the shorts isn't there.

As for the picture, I see country boy in the picture of the General Lee and the Welding gloves on the heavy bag. I guess to me (being a redneck) is that country boys make due with what they've got.
Haha, still no :P

You get it 100% :thumbup: the gloves are there because he uses them when he uses the bag :)

I see it Pixel, but the punching bag doesn't necessarily say "country boy" to me.....but, of course, I'm from suburbia.

I like the warmth of the image and the way your subject, via the gloves, leads you to the general lee. Gives the feeling of things that are loved, not just used.

Desi

Thanks Desi :) That is way cool that you read the personal connection, it actually says a lot about Mr. Rabbit. That is his poster that hung in his bedroom when he was young, it alone holds a lot of meaning to him.
 
PixR. this must be personal, because i can't hold on to the image..... sorry ::(
 
Nandakumar, I think it is perhaps more a cultural thing than it is personal. The poster is from an old TV show about a "redneck/country" family that was very popular with young males mostly because of a pretty girl in very short shorts (Daisy Duke shorts came from the show) and an American muscle car that they did impossible things with every episode ;)
I would venture to guess that most North American males will recognize the car in the poster (females too but the show was definitely geared towards guys) and most redneck/country boys will "get" the welding gloves on the heavy bag and the poster together.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom