Country Roads (North of Toronto)

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The once widespread farmland north of Toronto is disappearing quickly, but there are still pockets of it. These pictures are all within about a 20-30 minute highway drive from downtown Toronto.

img7564threean5.jpg

img7553twoxu7.jpg

(^^^ I liked the juxtaposition between the yellowy/gold wheat field and whatever the purple-flowered crop was beside it)

img7514oneir6.jpg

(^^^ This one lone tree looked out of place, towering over the field)

Thanks for looking.

AncientSnapper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Well worth capturing these before the concrete comes - #3 is my favourite

abraxas

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
How pretty. Makes me a bit homesick for the rolling hills, farmlands and greenery of the mid-western gothic America where I was a kid.

Alex_B

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
looks familiar :)

for me as a stranger, the first one looks most typical.

Alex_B

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
did you say North?

ontario_156.jpg

;)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Photos OK to edit
Nice shots. Number two is my personal favorite, but all three are nice. Even here in Maine, where there are barely any people, urban sprawl is evident. Sad really.

Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
Could I suggest a crop on #2 - basically everything above the purple to go, leaving the eye to concentrate on the graphics lines apparent in the rest of the image.

OP
Antarctican

Antarctican

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
And here's a slightly different angle of the same scene, also cropped to remove everything above the purple-flowered plants...
img7551fivedj2.jpg

lostprophet

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
those photos worry me, they look a bit like south oxfordshire and didcot is in south oxfordshire.

I think the crops are better

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow, that looks very much like everything around me looks in summer! If it weren't for the way the farms look, these photos could have been taken here! Very nice! I do like the second photo, both cropped and not cropped (they are quite different in their two versions, the one more being a landscape photo, the cropped version more playing with other elements, such as colours and lines and geometrical shapes and all that).
But I also like the lone tree. I have a heart for trees and have (only in my mind, of course!) adopted a couple of trees round here that I call "my own", and which I honour with a photo every now and then throughout the seasons.
In the first I like the detail in the sky!

OP
Antarctican

Antarctican

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Wow, that looks very much like everything around me looks in summer! If it weren't for the way the farms look, these photos could have been taken here! Very nice!
I've always thought the rolling hills/farmland in Germany look very much like the Ontario fields! (But our vineyards are very different, as they're not on the steep hills like in Germany.)

But I also like the lone tree. I have a heart for trees and have (only in my mind, of course!) adopted a couple of trees round here that I call "my own", and which I honour with a photo every now and then throughout the seasons.
Too funny! I have one like that near my parent's cottage. A lone tree, nicely shaped, in the middle of a farmer's field. The year it was surrounded by bright yellow canola was soooo pretty. But the farmer hasn't planted canola for the past few years. I look for 'my tree' every time I drive past.

Most reactions

New Topics