That's an interesting looking puzzle Eldrich! Don't think I've ever seen one like that before. Good picture too, btw. It's pretty much everything that I should of done with my pictures, nice background, good lighting, ect... Ah well, learn from your mistakes, right?
-----------------
That's a 5x5 Rubik's cube. (the one in the picture is technically an Eastsheen, but you can't get those unless you order them online) It's also commonly known as a Rubik's Professor Cube.
I actually did try to play around with the lighting with a couple lamps, but I was trying to shoot on my old desk, and if I moved them anymore, they would of fallen off altogether. I'm going to try to get some better pictures soon, these were just a spare of the moment thing, I probably shouldn't of even posted them. =\
Good idea! I'll give that a try. It would probably be better with the same cube and merge it, since, though I do have a lot of other cubes, they're all different colors and what not.
Funny you say that though, because I actually did something kind of similar... A stop motion video for Youtube that involved taking over 600 pictures of my cube as it appears to "Solve itself". [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwQMjhmZtI]YouTube - Self Solving 3x3 Rubik's Cube[/ame] haha.
Anywho, sorry for getting kinda off-topic. Thanks for the tips and suggestions!