Couple of cars. CC welcome

DSLR noob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, these are just some pictures of 2 cars that belong to my friends and my Rx-7. It was the first time I've shot in RAW and I kinda liked it. I still have a TON to learn but I wondered what people thought. Please, be as harsh as you want to be. I can take honest criticism. If you have any questions on the camera gear or cars I'll be happy to ask.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

the cars are classic but the picture looks good to me

You need a better surrounding for the cars. That is what is killing the pictures.

Watch for poles and other things growing out of the car when you take a picture. Also.. watch your white balance.

Most of them are too dark, but I really like the way you captured the headlights on your RX-7 open then closed.. That's pretty cool.

P.S... I'd take your RX-7 over that 300 any day. NIce car-a classic. You can turn that rotary engine into a monster!

curious about #12....did you open or close the headlights during the exposure?...

Thanks guys. The rotary already IS a monster. It's faster than my old Turbocharged 2nd gen in my signature.

As for the headlight trick, it's just 2 different exposures.

I think I had exposure comp set to EV -2/3 so they were a bit dark, and digital exposure compensation in RAW gets a bit noisy. I had trouble with the white balance as there was an orange light to the left, and a white light to the right. So if I used the "white point" method it either made everything bathed in orange light white, and the white light blue, or made the white light accurate, and everything else orange.

I'll take a better surrounding into consideration next time, and hopefully it won't be freezing cold, which distracts a lot from creative thinking.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Yeah id say keep an eye out on your backgrounds. The park is a real eye sore to me.

Most reactions

Back