Couple of pics

reconstyle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couple of beginner pics...

IMG_2594.jpg

I shot this one last year with my sd650, it's really hazy, but I though it was cool..

IMG_0737.jpg

I really like the one of the dog, surroundings is a little distracting but its not too bad. ;)

I also really like hte idea of the second one, but unfortunately like you said, the quality isnt the best. It also would have been better with more space on the right. ;)

It also would have been better with more space on the right. ;)

Agreed. Keep in mind if the duck and been facing to the left it would have been fine. In most cases the eye is drawn in the direction that the subject is facing so generally you don't want to cut the photo off on the right if the subject is facing right etc.

I really like the one of the dog, surroundings is a little distracting but its not too bad. ;)

Are you talking about the blanket? Or the open doors and the couch?

Agreed. Keep in mind if the duck and been facing to the left it would have been fine. In most cases the eye is drawn in the direction that the subject is facing so generally you don't want to cut the photo off on the right if the subject is facing right etc.

Yea, I agree, at the time I took that pic I had ZERO knowledge of photography, all I knew was press the button half-way down until I get a green square then press it all the way down, LOL!

So on that one should I have just moved like an inch to the right to get the Lincoln Memorial all the way to the left in the picture? Or should I have cut off the Memorial to give even more space on the right?

So on that one should I have just moved like an inch to the right to get the Lincoln Memorial all the way to the left in the picture? Or should I have cut off the Memorial to give even more space on the right?

With this photo it's a tough call. After looking at it for awhile I don't think you really could have done much differently than you did. You certainly don't want to cut off the memorial as it is a strong subject in itself. You did the best you could with what you had as far as subject placement. In hindsight when you took the picture could you have moved to the right at all? That would have been the only real solution that I can see. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back