couple pics from a day-trip

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i amnot usually one to take nature pictures, but i thought this was a nice spot to shoot. i had the day off monday, and took my son up the kancamangus hwy (white mtn region in NH).

they definitely have some exposure issues since it was around 1 in the afternoon, but i thought these came out ok.

i kinda like the abstacty crop of the second.

any CC would be welcomed.:D

3881826640_c47b5d1a97_b.jpg

3881110715_60b2cb6c9f_b.jpg

thanks for looking!

thanks dry...im in your camp.
im debating going with a 30" wide frame for it for over the couch or something.

To be quite honest, I dig the first more...

This is simply because I feel it has a little more depth do it. There's a lot more to look at and is nice composition. The second seems to lack a subject of sorts (though it is nice to look at and perfectly exposed)

But thats just me. Both are nice shots.

I like both of these. In #1, I love how you got just the right effect to the water so it appears to be rushing right at me. In #2, I can't quite put my finger on what it is about it that I like, but I do like it, the way the water is so smooth and just sort of blends into the rock. Great shots. :D

thanks a lot!
timmy, i do agree that the 2nd shot lacks subject. i think the motion and fluidity is what i liked about it, but you and dag are forcing me to look at #1 again and again, and i think you both make great arguments for #1 being the better of the 2.

thanks for the C&C. i was getting discouraged because, as we all know, the specific galleries see much less traffic and i really wanted some opinions about these shots!
much appreciated.

#2 is soothing, rather like something you'd see on a wall in the Dr. Office. Nice, not distracting, you look at it and have seen it in an instant and move on.

#1 while it gives you that "get out of the way feeling" for the water coming at you, you must stay with it for a few moments. Your eyes are pulled in from the rock in the front through straight to the back then out to the left and right to see all the elements. I like a picture that commands my attention that way.

I like the first because the background foliage is tight

Most reactions

New Topics

Back