Cousins (C&C plus other questions)

AggieBecky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My parents really love this picture of their oldest 2 grandchildren (both age 3) so I thought for Father's Day I would order my dad a canvas of this picture. But I want to make sure everything is just right so C&C would be wonderful! This was just a snap-shot taken in their backyard and there's no way I can reshoot so I know the fence looks terrible and the tree directly behind them is distracting. What else?

Also, I am fairly new to photography and have never ordered a canvas print. The gallery wraps look pretty cool so I was thinking of going that route. If you were to order this picture, what size do you think I should get? My parents are in the process of building a new house so they will have plenty of wall space.

Thanks so much for the help!!!!

32wm-L.jpg

Can yall see it good enough the way I linked it or should I try another way?

My other concern is, is the focus good enough or is this going to look like crap if I blow it up?

Focus looks fine on my monitor (granted, at work on a crapp DOD computer).

Hmmm... the moment you've captured is great, and strangely enough (for me) I quite like the lighting here. What I'm NOT fond of however is the fact that they're so small in the frame. I'd also rather see the tree somewhere than "growing" out of the boy's head, but it's large enough not to be the worst thing in the world (oh, and don't forget to level it before sending to print).
As far as size, how much resolution do you have to play with? If this is a full resolution .jpg file, it could easily go 20x30 or larger because the larger the print the farther back the viewing distance, so the greater the reduction in the loss of sharpness/detail.

In general I prefer gallery wraps to be at least 16x20; I've done a few as 8x10s, but only as part of a set where the main image(s) are significantly larger. On it's own, an 8x10 wrap looks a little odd to me.

So small in the frame--- would you crop it closer? Thanks for mentioning leveling it- need to do that.... Yes it's full res taken on a Nikon D7000. Thanks so much for opinions on canvas sizes! I appreciate the help!

No, I don't think I'd crop it closer; the overall composition works well. Given how bright this is, you may want to consider a metal print, or a print on metallic paper.

Like said above, just make sure you level it out. Also I would have liked to see a little more bokeh in the background for a little more separation. Definitely a good moment captured though!

Thank you.... I never considered a metal print, hmmm..... I'm not sure if I'm a fan of how flat it mounts onto a wall though. But it is definitely something to consider. With a gallery wrap, do I need to recrop to leave more space around the edges, especially at the bottom of the picture?

Most reactions

Back