Cow birds gone wild & starling

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was out at an open spot i usually find small migrating birds stopping by the vast open fields

Mostly there for red tailed hawks and was hoping to get a northern harrier. Although i saw both i was unable to get a photo. They have many areas to fly where i cannot get to. The northern harrier has been a bird i have yet to get a good photo of, i missed the chance but at least saw a few today. They were low flying scanning the fields.

I pulled over and got out of the car to a massive gathering of cow birds, i know rth will go for small birds in large amounts, so i was hoping for a Big hawk to come try to pick one up, but not with me around.

Also a starling yelling and in flight. A tree with a red head pecker i thought looked nice in BW

1)
win3.jpg

2)
win5.jpg

3)
win4.jpg

4)
win1.jpg

5)
win2.jpg

Thanks for looking. Im hoping this colder air coming south drives more little birds my way

#2 is amazing.

Nice shots Matt! I really like #2 it has an Escher-like feel to it. Great light.. I like the pissed off starling also. #3 is a good image, but the woodpecker feels a little lost to me.

thanks, I guess I mostly liked the texture and shape of the dead tree, as well as the thin background trees, I guess its more about the tree then the woodpecker, but I do wish the wood pecker was maybe an inch higher in the frame, you are right it does blend in a bit too much.

Yeah, the yelling starling takes it for me.

Most reactions

Back