EricD

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdiller.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While at the Eagle nest a few weeks back and then again last week the Coyote appeared rather close to me. Even stopping for a little nap

Coming out of the woods in the shade...looks like he is loosing his Winter coat (getting warm here in FL).
ECD_4000copy.jpg

Tired....little nap time!
ECD_6269copy.jpg

Nice shots! And I really love your shots of the eagles & ospreys too, they are all stunning.

I also wanted to note, I'm not sure if you are aware or not, but if a coyote or other similar animal is out in the open/lying down without appearing to care about your presence, and appears to be loosing fur, it could be sick with distemper, mange, rabies, or something similar. Be careful!

(Apologies if you are already aware, just felt the need to mention it as I used to volunteer in a wildlife shelter, and getting rabies shots is so NOT fun).

Thank for the info...but I am always cautious and I always carry a 9mm Gun (I have concealed weapons permit). He has had that bald spot for a few months and is very healthy. The reason he has lost some fear is this is in a cemetery and he see's people all the time. During the mid day he is usually sleeping in the field under some tree's.

But if you get to close he is off like lightning!:thumbup:

Ah, yes, you are well aware then. I assumed that was the case, but you never know right?

And again, I love your photos- thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Great pics Eric, but watch yourself out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back