Crap Somewhere In My Camera... Cant get it out

Glycerol Sound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey so I have this crap show up in every one of my photos, in the same place, and I dont know where its coming from. I got my sensor and mirror cleaned, and I clean my lenses all the time, and its still around. I've got some photos that have it, although I've been trying to edit it out as much as possible that gets old really quick, and its not always possible of course with my limited editing skills. Its at the very top, near the left corner but not quite there...

4744575808_05c59b2c8a_b.jpg

4736171612_65663d6a11_b.jpg

4756518526_e9dbfb734e_b.jpg

As you can see, depending on how I focus the lens, they show up heavier or lighter, but it still bothers me that they're there at all. And on some of the photos with more sky or open space, even more crap shows up, so me doing landscapes is kind of out of the question right now. The camera was used, so no warranty, but I'd love to find out what this is and how to take care of it. Thanks!

It's small bits of jun k on the sensor's AA filter. The smaller the f/stop used, the more clearly-defined the bits of junk become. I would do a Google search on the Copperhill Method + sensor cleaning. Your camera has a dirty sensor, but this problem can be cleared up in a few minutes with the right supplies.

Stuff on the front of your lens can't be to visible in an image because it's always so OOF.

What you are seeing in your photos would need to be on the rear lens element (and really big) or on your image sensor.

How they look, depends on the lens aperture you used to make the photo.

i really looks like smudges or dustmites on the lens to me

It's small bits of jun k on the sensor's AA filter. The smaller the f/stop used, the more clearly-defined the bits of junk become. I would do a Google search on the Copperhill Method + sensor cleaning. Your camera has a dirty sensor, but this problem can be cleared up in a few minutes with the right supplies.
This seems like a pretty sound answer, I'm gonna buy one of those kits ASAP. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back