Crazy Female Baltimore Oriole

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This morning has been a great morning! Yesterday I got my camera back and this morning we have had some new arrivals!
So far our pair of Orioles, our Blue Finch (who only stopped by last year for one day), the Rose Breasted Grosbeaks and the Hummingbirds!!!

This Female Oriole is odd, I'm not sure what she is doing but this is the second year in a row she has done the same behaviour, she fusses along the windows and drives the cats CRAZY! lol She is totally unfazed that they are RIGHT THERE, either she doesn't see them or is not afraid.

My closest guess is she is looking for bugs or maybe seeds the other birds store all over the place. I lean towards bugs of some kind since there is a plethora of seeds around and they seem to have zero interest in them.

Oh Hello!

IMG_9000-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

IMG_9009-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

IMG_9013-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

IMG_9031-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Hey Pixelrabbit, I had a cardinal do this same thing last spring, it hung around looking in windows for a week..
Cool photo's.
I think they see them selves in the windows.

Maybe she's just a badass with a sick sense of humor. :)

Hey Radical :)
Yeah we had a Goldfinch at our old house that was always at one of the windows because he saw himself and was trying to scare the "other guy" away, always the same time of day when the light was right. This seems different, the window was in shade when she is fussing with it today and she does it throughout the day regardless of condition and she picks at the corners and pokes along all of the lines at the edges of the frames... it might be the reflection for sure though!

I like to think that Bunny :) She rocks!

Ha, Jan will love these with the cat :) Well done and the last shot is just beautiful, nice and sharp and love those colours.

Fine shots Judi and beautiful little bird.

Danny.

Thanks Danny!

Most reactions

Back