cream soda

bjfowle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know there really isn't much to this picture, but for some reason I really like it.

creamsoda.jpg

bjfowle said:
I know there really isn't much to this picture, but for some reason I really like it.

creamsoda.jpg

I think if you would have used natural lighting, you would have gotten a more dramatic effect by the shadow casts. But still a very nice picture.

The flash wasn't used on this shot. There was a window behind me that provided most of the light but the light was on in the room so that probably killed the shadow.

That can was placed on something that you later cloned out, wasn't it?
Just guessing here (for how else should this have been done? :scratch: ), since I am not sure the part of table underneath the can should be that much in focus with the part right behind it so very much out of focus again, which focus shifts more smoothly in front of the tilted can. But that's me asking a genuine question: is this how you achieved the effect?

And what is "cream soda", after all?
NEVER heard of that nor seen it, but mind I had my very fist (and so far only) Dr Pepper when I was over for the Meet-Up in DC in April ;). So what do I know about American soft drinks? Nothing.

i cant emagine it would have looked too good in colour but b and w its ok! oh and lafoto, creaming soda is just another soft drink with a kind of vanilla rasberry taste or something...anyway its red in colour, usually, i actually had it in green once! hmmm...

LaFoto said:
That can was placed on something that you later cloned out, wasn't it?
Just guessing here (for how else should this have been done? :scratch: ), since I am not sure the part of table underneath the can should be that much in focus with the part right behind it so very much out of focus again, which focus shifts more smoothly in front of the tilted can. But that's me asking a genuine question: is this how you achieved the effect?

And what is "cream soda", after all?
NEVER heard of that nor seen it, but mind I had my very fist (and so far only) Dr Pepper when I was over for the Meet-Up in DC in April ;). So what do I know about American soft drinks? Nothing.
:-D

Actually, this can be done without leaning the can against another object at all. If the can is only about 1/4 - 1/3 full, you can actually balance it on the lip around the bottom side. It's a neat trick, but you have to get just the right amount of liquid; too much and it falls over, too little and it stands up.

Nice photo. I do think that a more dramatic shadow would have added to the image.

like midget said it wasn't leaning against anything. we were just sitting around on vacation and my wife had done that. i thought i would make an intresting picture.
lafoto a cream soda is just a vanilla flavored carbonated drink, kind of tastes like an ice cream float. what lil dvl was referring to is a red cream soda, i don't think i've ever had one of those.
i didn't really do much editing to the picture other than messing with the contrast and then i had to cut a little bit of the chair in the background out
here is what the original looked like.

100_0319.jpg

I agree it could have more of a shadow, but regardless, I like it! Sort of makes me think of Andy Warhol's soup can....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back