creating a DVD slideshow with music?

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have you ever created one? How did you make one? What program did you use? How did you set the music? I'm thinking about making one for the last couple I did. I have a pack of writable DVD discs that I had mistaken for CD's and opened the pack up. I would take it back but since it was open and I couldn't find the receipt, I figured I'd keep them and make a few slideshows with music.

Have you ever created one? How did you make one? What program did you use? How did you set the music? I'm thinking about making one for the last couple I did. I have a pack of writable DVD discs that I had mistaken for CD's and opened the pack up. I would take it back but since it was open and I couldn't find the receipt, I figured I'd keep them and make a few slideshows with music.

Photodex Proshow Gold is very popular and is an amazingly good product for the money.

I use the proshow Producer program and although it takes a little time to learn it's probably the best there is.

There are many programs that can do this. I have heard many good things about Proshow Gold.

I've used MS PowerPoint. I've used Sonic, a program package that came with my Sony MP3 player. There are others that I have used but don't really remember.

Remember that most music is copyrighted...just like your photos. So to use music in something for clients of yours, you would need to pay royalties or else use royalty free music.

There are many programs that can do this. I have heard many good things about Proshow Gold.

I've used MS PowerPoint. I've used Sonic, a program package that came with my Sony MP3 player. There are others that I have used but don't really remember.

Remember that most music is copyrighted...just like your photos. So to use music in something for clients of yours, you would need to pay royalties or else use royalty free music.

Mike be honest...... Do you use Royalty Free music?

I'd say 90% of ordinary people don't.....

I'll agree that most people don't...but I'm not going to advocate doing something illegal.

I'll agree that most people don't...but I'm not going to advocate doing something illegal.

I agree although if your slide show is for personal use and you bought the music I'm not sure it's really a big crime.

I agree piracy though is another issue......

personal use
That's the big difference. If you are just making a slide show for personal use...that's probably not illegal or at least not something to get into a fuss over.

If, however, you are selling the slide show with the music...that's when it's really wrong. Think about it this way...what if a recording artist/band/singer etc. took one of your photos, without permission, and used it in their video? Most photographers would be pretty irate.

Anyway, there is a pretty good selection of royalty free music avaliable. Or, you could learn to play & record the music yourself :D

That's the big difference. If you are just making a slide show for personal use...that's probably not illegal or at least not something to get into a fuss over.

If, however, you are selling the slide show with the music...that's when it's really wrong. Think about it this way...what if a recording artist/band/singer etc. took one of your photos, without permission, and used it in their video? Most photographers would be pretty irate.

Anyway, there is a pretty good selection of royalty free music avaliable. Or, you could learn to play & record the music yourself :D

I agree with you Mike. I was just pointing out that for personal use its not really a problem.

I've tried several programs, including a trial version of Proshow Gold. I use Anvsoft Wedding Album Maker Gold. It was very easy to learn and has a great looking interface. Its not just for wedding stuff either, you can do any theme. They have a dvd menu template pack that you can download after you have purchased the product.

But I think they discontinued it, and now offer Photo DVD Maker. I highly recommend it. http://www.anvsoft.com/photo-dvd-maker.html

NJ

I have used the "Magix 6.5" programme to create a slideshow with music.

I found it easy to use, it has a whole range of effects and it wasn't very expensive. It also includes management programmes for photo , music and video archives.

HTH

Flo.

I've used ProShow Gold for several years. The latest version has expanded capacities for music manipulation.
I've built shows with nearly 300 slides and it works very well. It burns your CD/DVD as part of the creation project.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back