creating logos with layers causing me trouble!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started out by designing my signature on white paper, I scanned the image, and copied it into my editing program, on a white background. I can put it into most images and it goes ok, Its black, but I can't work out how to change the colour of the signature, and I have a problem putting it into some images, for example a black background. As I use dodge mostly for the signature. I can't for the life of me work out how to change the colour of the layer.

If it is black on white, invert the image and then add it as a new layer and change the blending mode to one of the luminance ones like brighten or hard light or something like that. This will eliminate the black part of the frame.

Use blending mode "Darken" instead of "Normal" for the logo on brighter backgrounds. For dark backgrounds, inverse it like Garbz said and use mode "Lighten".

Thanks problem solved, those night shots are good in the white. I also noticed when using watermarks, if you have a black outline, white inner, even if you can't see it, you can do an edge detection and find it later, I'm sure this isn't new information but I found it handy.

Most reactions

Back