Creative Family?

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was thinking this morning how I have a really creative/talented family. I was wondering if y'all had the same...

I have two younger brothers that are in the same grade as me (they can keep up w/ me) the youngest is a webdesigner/learning programmer and he is very mathematical. He is 12 years old. (and in the 12th grade)

The next is 15 years old and a year or two ago we started building guitars together, I decided to go towards photography instead of that but he carried that on and he's doing great. He just finished another one and it's awesome! I still design all the guitar shapes though... haha He is also in the 12th grade.

Then there is me, I'm in the 12th grade now (where I should be) ;) I suck at math... and I can't even remember whether it's the right side or the left side that is the side that's working for me... lol I guess it's the side that remembers that kind of stuff that isn't too great. :lmao:
I have done art all my life, as long as I can remember. I was always "the photographer" even with our little point and shoot 35mm family cam. When I was 10 I decided to get an SLR, I spent all my money on that (with a little extra from mis padres) :)
I must have shot about 100,000,000 pictures out of that thing! It's still running strong! :D I am now looking to become a Photojournalist and want to pursue that. :thumbup:
Enough of me though... haha

I have a lot of older step brothers... all graduated from college. One graduated from Texas State, one from MIT and one went into the Navy.
(5 brothers in all)

My mom is an awesome cook, her and her mom both quilt a LOT! We have over 47 quilts in our house alone. She is also a really good painter. (although she doesn't think so)

My dad was in the Airforce for 20 years doing Crypto and working on NEACAP.
neacap.jpg

He tought us all how to do webdesign and we did that for a long time. Right now he works for IBC bank. (looking for a new job) :meh:

His family is from Armenia, his grandfather was an Armenian that came over to New York during when the Turks were over running them. He was a great musician and translator, he knew 9 languages and was a translator for a long time. I have his original trumpet and music that he played and wrote for President Roosevelt. Unfortuniately both of his parents have passed on so we keep their memories alive in the many photo albums they left behind.

Both of my parents come from very creative families and I'm glad it's still alive in us. :)

If you don't know where you'r family comes from I encourage you to find out! :)

well... my family is not so creative as your but: parents of my dad were born there, where Ukraine is now (those were Polish lands before WW2). They were forced to move about 2000 km here to Stettin. My grandmothers brother was a RAF pilot and he still has many things from this time (British soldier suit...). My grandpa in a uni techer and my grandma is a dentist. My moms mother is a history teacher, while her father (my granddad) was a engineer. They were also born there were Ukraine is now. My dad is a tv director and mom is a headmistress of a technical high school here. I am an only child. When I was little I could paint really well, but now all my talent for this just evaporated and I have no idea why :p I was always rather mathematical and I love physics. Photography was in my family for ages, mostly because of my dad. The was always taking his camera everywhere. So I knew how to manipulate the SLR very early. But for the first time I played with SLR when I was 12. Then I did some underwater shooting with p&s cam.

As far as history of my family goes - my grandparents don't want to talk much about it. They survived the WW2 here and I know that their parents, families, friends were killed by Germans. They don't want to discuss it.

BUT ey... LittleMan... how come that your younger bro who is 12 is in the 12th grade?!?! You can "jump up" earlier??? I don't get it :p

mentos_007 said:
BUT ey... LittleMan... how come that your younger bro who is 12 is in the 12th grade?!?! You can "jump up" earlier??? I don't get it :p
Here in America there is something called "Homeschooling" It's doing school in your home with your parents teaching you. With homeschool you don't have to wait for other kids, you can go at your own speed. In Texas it is very lenient as to what requirements there are for you. Most states make you take the state test once a year but that is not required in Texas.
Of course to get into college you have to take the tests... but that's not a big problem. There are also different places you can go that a LOT of homeschoolers get together and do classes together. I was a part of that for a long time.
It's a really good thing because each student can excel in whatever they are best at and keep working at whatever they are a little slow in. Homeschoolers don't really have the Peer pressure that most kids have in public schools also.

Of course there are many different views on homeschooling... but those are my views on it. :) There are both good stories about homeschoolers and horror stories about them... lol

Hmmm. My family is fairly creative.

My mom isn't very book smart, but she has the most common sense of anybody I know. And she is an amazing greenthumb. She just has to touch the ground and things grow. She also does amazing things with canning, jellies, jams, preserves, etc. She's a volunteer at the city museum, and paints china. She also sews, and made alot of my clothes growing up. She also quilts, knits, crochets, and is an outstanding geneologist. She plays handbells, and the piano.

My dad is retired Navy (21 years), has his MBA now, and is CFO for a 800 million dollar per year revenue coal seam natural gas dehydrator company. He's 65 and I just don't see him retiring any time soon. He also plays the clarinet, builds model train layouts, and is the treasurer of their church.

My sister is 3 years younger than me and is executive assistant for the artist Nedra Matteucci who owns one of the premeire art galleries on the plaza in Santa Fe, NM. She used to play the piano, but quit after she memorized Fur Elise all the way through.

Then there's me. I don't do much, just school, photography, build offroad vehicles, etc.

mountainlander said:
And she is an amazing greenthumb.
I can't believe I forgot about that... she was out in the garden while I was typing that... :lol:
This was taken a few days ago... see how awesome everything is growing!
184505.jpg

The garden is about 50' x 50' :)

Music (eastern to western) and visual arts... runs in the family. Quite a handful to list! :)

My family is fairly creative. I have two older sisters and one younger brother. My dad used to play the accordion professionally when he was younger, and still plays it, the keyboard, and the guitar. One of my sisters used to make miniatures out of a clay called sculpy, and was pretty good at it, and she also draws and paints and writes some poetry; and the other plays the piano and the harmonica. My younger brother has always messed with electronics (and occasionally fixed something), and always liked building electrical things, but is now more in to computer programming and web design. He has also started getting into photography.

As to where my family comes from; my great grandparents on my father’s side came over from Slovenia and Slovakia in the early 1900s. On my mothers side the nationalities are German and English (I think). On my grandmother’s side it is German, and I am not sure when they came to America, and on my grandfather’s side it is English, and I know they have been here since at least the late 1700s or early 1800s.

David

My families musicle.

Me = (VERY LIMITED) Piano, (Not so limited) Drums, (Learning) Guitar
Second older brother = Piano, Guitar
Oldest Brother = Piano, Guitar
Dad = Violin
Mum = Flute

Hehe yeh we have the full makings of a band...

My gramma used to be quite creative...she would do watercolor paintings and things like that. Other than that...no creativity that I can think of.

My family is quite creative as well. My sister is incredibly artistic and my brother is an amazing musician ... he plays guitar, drums, bass, sax, and is learning the violin. My dad is a self-taught musician... he plays an amazing piano by ear, as well as guitar and bass. My mother is artistic and has a beautiful soprano voice, she has also acted in several musicals (plays). Then there's me .. I used to write alot but now all I seem to have time for is some photography every chance I get.

In my extended family on my mothers side there are 3 film/tv directors/producers, my uncle is a stage actor, my other uncle is a musician (regular 1 man band) and I have 2 cousins who also play guitar.

On my dads side, my uncle is an incredible artist, my other uncle is an avid amateur photographer (which my dad also dabbles in). My grandfather out of a general point of interest was one of the engineers who worked on the avro arrow back in the 50's.

I've always counted myself lucky to be raised in such a talented creative family. Family get-togethers are always fun too! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back