Creative picture ideas

I wish I lived in a cool town, or close to a ghost town or mining town.. I think that would make things easier...

I wish I lived in a cool town, or close to a ghost town or mining town.. I think that would make things easier...

I was in Pocotello for a couple months. I remember old buildings and that the landscape looked positively -radio active- to me. It's been just about 25 years though. Ghost towns and old farm buildings get a similar look. I heard American Falls was pretty (I can't remember for sure). I like to read everything I can get on my area. History, folklore, lies, geology, anything and everything. I get wound up and I'm off. Today I was bored- I took off for a place I heard years ago that when the high winds blow, the rocks would moan in a baritone chant. I've been there countless times, but today I think I got it right. But I would have stayed home if I hadn't remembered that story.

Lakes are interesting. Got water? Old tractors?

I was in Pocotello for a couple months. I remember old buildings and that the landscape looked positively -radio active- to me. It's been just about 25 years though. Ghost towns and old farm buildings get a similar look. I heard American Falls was pretty (I can't remember for sure). I like to read everything I can get on my area. History, folklore, lies, geology, anything and everything. I get wound up and I'm off. Today I was bored- I took off for a place I heard years ago that when the high winds blow, the rocks would moan in a baritone chant. I've been there countless times, but today I think I got it right. But I would have stayed home if I hadn't remembered that story.

Lakes are interesting. Got water? Old tractors?

I live about 75 miles south west of Pocatello and 45 miles away from American falls.. They do have some cool buildings up there. And it has seriously grown since you have been there last.
We have the Snake River.. and Lake Cleveland and Lake Independence (up in mountains). My friend is a farmer...

Just go out and experience something new, read a book, visit a historic site, walk around your house, sit down and just look, doesn't really matter what you do as long as it helps you grow as a person. Creative comes from within, not ideas.

Really, the only thing needed to break any creative block is one simple thing... open your eyes, thats it.

Look at things, even the same old regular things that have no real creative feel from them for you, with new eyes.

Change angles, colours, focus, light. I could take a million pictures of the SAME object in so many diferent ways that it is simply amazing. Apply that same thought and if you go outside for a walk with your camera, you will see endless possibilities.

Thank you everyone, your ideas and words of wisdom are helping me out a lot.:hail:

Boy, I'll tell you what, bully...
If you live in a nice small town, I am very envious of you.
What is it like? It must be so cool to see stars at night, to have no traffic jams, to live in a peaceful quite green area...
There must be great scenic things to take pictures of.

Combine your photography with any other hobbies you may have. I enjoy building scale models, so I will try to take the most realistic scale pictures of my finished products. I will toss the camera in a bag on the back of the motorcycle, or take it to the airfield and photograph RC planes to try and make them look real, practicing those panning shots for birds in flight. But, by far, what gets the creative juices going, for me, is to pack up the camera and go geocaching.

If you've never heard of it.....http://www.geocaching.com/about/

I looked up Twin Creeks, which is near you, and found almost 1000 caches within 50 miles. People find some of the most interesting places to hide these. So many times I have been within 10 to 15 miles of my house, which I have been at for almost 15 years, and found places that I didn't even realize existed right in my own back yard. It does require a GPS, but a decent one can be had pretty cheap these days, and the photo opportunities this presents is almost priceless.

Most reactions

Back