Photos NOT OK to edit
1) Creepy Crawly
tarantula.jpg

2) Tarantulaaaaaahhhhhhh
TarantulAAAAHHHHH.jpg

3) Cracked Earth
crackedearth.jpg

2.gif

No. Sorry. Honestly now: I like the first, though the background is a bit too much the colour or rather tone (is that the word?) of the spider, and the second is really funny with your caption and the brigher background does Mr Spider very good, for he shows in all his glory.

Nice series! My favourite is # 2. That spider is frozen in such a cool pose, like it's just gonna crawl out of the screen! Brrr :)!

If I came across one of those guys in the wild, I doubt I'd have the presence of mind to capture a shot as nice as this second one. :shiver: Those critters freak me out. :lol:

Good job!

Nice shots. But...ummm...you DO realize a tarantula can jump 3 feet right?

Sorry to disagree here, but as a tarantula owner, I can't let that go by. Its true that there are types of jumping spiders that can jump 3 feet, but tarantulas themselves don't jump. Some tropical species may scramble 3 feet in a split second, but native species like the one pictured here are generally pretty docile.

I really like the second shot. It captures the mood of the spider really nicely.

Peter

Thanks for all the comments everybody! I kind of agree with you LaFoto on the first shot, he blends right in with his natural surroundings, my bro-in-law held him up on the stick so I could get the 2nd one.

Peateater said:
Sorry to disagree here, but as a tarantula owner, I can't let that go by. Its true that there are types of jumping spiders that can jump 3 feet, but tarantulas themselves don't jump. Some tropical species may scramble 3 feet in a split second, but native species like the one pictured here are generally pretty docile.

I really like the second shot. It captures the mood of the spider really nicely.

Peter

Thank you peter, I don't know that much about them, but i know they move pretty slow and I have never seen one jump at all, much less 3 feet. That comment definitely made me laugh. From what i understand they don't pose a threat to humans at all, is this correct? I still don't think i'd want one as a pet... ;)

Great shots. 2nd is my fave. :thumbup:. The 'Cracked Earth' is also very good.
9/10 Overall :)

Peateater said:
native species like the one pictured here are generally pretty docile.

I don't care how docile they are, If I ever find one, I'll be running for the hills on the opposite direction that thing came from. :confused:

Great shots, #2 creeps me out, and #3 is cool too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back