Creepy Crawlies

Do you shot Macros ?

• Yes, I am addicted. I have lots of macro equipment

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Not very often, but I have some close-up lenses just in case.

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • I use only the basic macro feature of my camera.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • I don't care, I prefer landscapes and portraits

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
I didn't kill Boris! He jumped in my tub and drowned! I'd never kill a close friend!

I'm in Minnesota. We have brown lucose spiders which are quite poisonous and very keen on hiding in piles of clothes in houses. (how nice eh?) But I can't say if I've ever seen one, and if I did, I didn't recognize it as poisonous.

The most poisonous spider we have in this area is actually the daddy long legs. Fortunately they're fangs are too small to penetrate skin!

As far as what's poisonous and what's not, the general rule of nature is, if it's bright / bold etc. probably poisonous. :b

But that's an extremely vague rule of thumb....

GerryDavid said:
You sound like you got to much free time, hehe.

Who?!? Couldn't be talking about me... :wink:

Ive heard about brown recluse but I think I read they werent really poisonus. The venum melts skin though so its best to have it looked after fast. I stayed in a friends back yard in MA back in '01 and they had recluses, so I was pretty paranoid in checking my tent and sleeping bag each night before going to sleep. :0)

Oh yeah there are several different kind of recluse spiders, the brown recluse is one of the more poisonous. It eats the flesh where the bite is and if not treated will keep rotting flesh and cause infection, fever and death if it's not taken care of. You have to have surgery to completely remove all infected tissue.

Back with some new stuff!
THe next generation of spiders is making thier debut.

Spider4A.jpg

Spider3A.jpg

ok those spiders are freakisly to big. the pics are good tho.... thay just really creep me out.

this one time me and my mom was rideing in the car and my mom starts singing the istsy bitsy spiders song... and so i ask her, why she was singing that song? she replied and said becuz there is a spiders comeing down from the ceiling right beside you.. omg i started freaking out and screaning!!! and the sad thing is... it was a small little spiders :oops:

A little out of focus, but its my best so far............

dc2b6520.jpg

angelikmermaid said:
ok those spiders are freakisly to big. the pics are good tho.... thay just really creep me out.

this one time me and my mom was rideing in the car and my mom starts singing the istsy bitsy spiders song... and so i ask her, why she was singing that song? she replied and said becuz there is a spiders comeing down from the ceiling right beside you.. omg i started freaking out and screaning!!! and the sad thing is... it was a small little spiders :oops:

Actually, Those last 2 are the "small little spiders" for this type of spider!

Here's another one of my favorites. I’m still hunting for different types of spiders, but all the other spiders I've found are camera shy :?

Spider2Cb.jpg

And some more...
Spider5a.jpg

Spider4A.jpg

Spider4B.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back