What's new

critque?

snaremop

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tell me what you think -

1.
DSC07418.jpg


2.
DSC07424.jpg


3.
DSC07421.jpg


4.
DSC07408.jpg


5.
DSC07297.jpg


6.
DSC07285.jpg
 
Hallo snaremop,

first of all welcome to ThePhotoForum.

After this some guidelines for your future posting: please make sure you put enough spaces between your links so later there is a space between one photo and the next (I shall now go into your post and edit them in) ... and when you post more than say 5 photos in one post, you best number your photos, so others can more easily say: Hey, I like Photo so-and-so best because ....

See?

And then - well: guidelines for the Photo Critique sections are to chose ONE photo, say exactly what you meant to achieve, what your goal was, maybe provide us with some technical data, and ask what may have gone wrong and why. The Photo Critique section is for some detailed, not always and only positive, critique.

(see here )

That is why after editing in spaces, I'll also move this to the General Gallery. OK?

There's no problem in having been in the wrong place at first, we can arrange things here for you :D.

Have fun posting more.
 
Ok, I'll go one by one.
1: I enjoy the texture and the colour in this one. I especially like the complementary contrast between the orangey colour of the main subject and the purple up in the top right; I kind of wish there was more of that purple, but sometimes that just isn't possible.
2: For some reason this picture creeps me out a little (not a bad thing by any means), and again, you have done a great job of capturing texture.
3: I don't think you hit the mark as closely on this one. I'm not totally sure where the focal point is here. Maybe between the front skin and the inside of the fruit? I'm beginning to see that you're a fan of catching the look of surfaces and their small structure, right?
4: I'm not sure exactly what you're gunning for here. The image feels a little lost in the processing.
5: I like this, but I'd like to see some more detail behind the sign. There's a lot going on there, but really had to work to find it. Maybe just a larger image size would do it.
6: Again, I like this one too. I have a bit of a thing for pictures of signs and sometimes get funny looks from my friends and family for taking those kinds of shots, but I do it anyway.

Overall, I think the one thing I'd like is to see these pictures bigger. I'm finding myself really having to lean in on my monitor to get anything out of these. I hope this isn't too much at once. I just started typing and found myself here. Anyway, I look forward to seeing more!
 
thanks - yes, you're right - I do really enjoy taking shots with a macro lens and capturing the texture of the object. I really appreciate your constructive crticism. In number five, the reason that no detail was captured in the shot was because: 1. It was night, 2. The flash on the camera seemed to be attracted more to the reflective sign than the more interesting goings-on behind it and 3. i was just walking and happened to have my camera on when an ambulance went by, so I rushed to take the picture. So it might have come out better if I had held the camera steady for a couple seconds.
Thanks again!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom