Critters

Sorry about that. I'll be careful next time.

sam

I'm glad you have such an open mind. :)

In the first one, the hair on the back of the squirrel seems OOF. that bothers me. The Bison's picture seems a little over-processed. But other than that, its a great shot! How far were you from the Bison? I might go to Yellowstone this July and I'm hoping to get some nice Bison shots. We'll see. The rest of them look great. The owl one is funny as a good sense of humor way! :lol:

One of the things that concerns me is there is a common tendency on every forum that I have been a member of, and that is it seems that people are afraid to point out flaws in other people photos. Many times I do not comment on a photo because there are five comments already saying what a great shot it is,

Shuttervelocity, could you please correct your quote, as I'm not the one who made that statement. It was made by Thunder_O_B

Thanks

Sorry that the term snap shot was some what unsettling. Snap shots are simply pictures to capture memories and or things of interest. They aren't necessarily well composed/exposed photographs. As I pointed out your snapping turtle is a solid photograph, while your squirrel and bison are snapshots. Composition often makes the difference. Your rabbit picture in my terms is a snap shot, while the edit now is more a photograph in terms of composition.

As for your statement that you can't offer your opinions if they differ from others, you certainly can and should. Just explain your position so that others can understand why you feel that way. Remember that photography is half objective and half subjective.

No problems here. I was just making a general observation. :D

I'm glad you have such an open mind. :)

In the first one, the hair on the back of the squirrel seems OOF. that bothers me. The Bison's picture seems a little over-processed. But other than that, its a great shot! How far were you from the Bison? I might go to Yellowstone this July and I'm hoping to get some nice Bison shots. We'll see. The rest of them look great. The owl one is funny as a good sense of humor way! :lol:

One of the things that concerns me is there is a common tendency on every forum that I have been a member of, and that is it seems that people are afraid to point out flaws in other people photos. Many times I do not comment on a photo because there are five comments already saying what a great shot it is,

Thank you shuttervelocity :D I welcome you input.

I want to say that it was around 15' to 20' I was shooting through a fence. I think that with all the wonderfully helpful critiques in this thread, I will revisit the PP in these shots.

I hope you have a great time on your trip to Yellowstone, I have always wanted to go there.

i love the owl he's so cute. and the slight darkness of the photo makes him look shy haha

Most reactions

Back