Crocodiles from Belize

Tell me you were using at least the 300mm on that 3rd shot! He looks WAY too close for comfort!!
Love these; looking forward to seeing lots more--I bet that was one awesome trip!!

Tell me you were using at least the 300mm on that 3rd shot! He looks WAY too close for comfort!!
Love these; looking forward to seeing lots more--I bet that was one awesome trip!!

These are all cropped a bit... I was using my 70-200 2.8. I wish I had rented a 500mm to take with me... saw lots of neat critters. Got some killer sunrise shots too.... even some macro stuff.

Brighten up number 3 and you've got yourself a winner! :DMark

Appreciate that Mark, and I had considered lightening it up. The croc was actually in a very shaded, and almost spooky place... so I left it dark to hopefully enhance that mood. Personally I don't like it lightened up.. but what do you think?

$x!!!!_DSC5982-lighter.jpg

Wow! These belong in NatGeo!

Hi! Where in Belize were these taken?
Cherie
AmericanCrocodileSanctuary.org
Great photos!

Hi! Where in Belize were these taken?
Cherie
AmericanCrocodileSanctuary.org
Great photos!

Hello Cherie.... ACES huh? You guys do good work!

I shot these on a Monkey River trip from Roberts Grove Resort. They were shot anywhere from a 1/2 mile upriver from Monkey River Village, to 4 or 5 miles upriver. It was a nice trip... and in case you are wondering, the guide was actually pretty good about being environmentally friendly. We didn't see anything bigger than about 6 to 8 feet long, unfortunately... but it was good to see even those!

Appreciate that Mark, and I had considered lightening it up. The croc was actually in a very shaded, and almost spooky place... so I left it dark to hopefully enhance that mood. Personally I don't like it lightened up.. but what do you think?

View attachment 18390

Indo like it better lightened up. Should you choose to keep it darker, it could use a boost in contrast. Something to add a bit of dynamism to the shot. But, either way, I still like the brightened better. :)

I do like it better lightened up. Should you choose to keep it darker, it could use a boost in contrast. Something to add a bit of dynamism to the shot. But, either way, I still like the brightened better. :)

hahaha.. guess you had to be there! You would have sworn the croc was thinking "Please fall off that boat!" lol! Beautiful animals, but I wouldn't want to go swimming with them. I have been in the water with American Alligators, and that didn't bother me too much... but these guys, NO WAY! :)

I do like it better lightened up. Should you choose to keep it darker, it could use a boost in contrast. Something to add a bit of dynamism to the shot. But, either way, I still like the brightened better. :)

hahaha.. guess you had to be there! You would have sworn the croc was thinking "Please fall off that boat!" lol! Beautiful animals, but I wouldn't want to go swimming with them. I have been in the water with American Alligators, and that didn't bother me too much... but these guys, NO WAY! :)

I remember once going on a boat ride in India and going right past a few dozen crocs situated on top of each other on this tiny island... I'm sure just one of those things could have split the boat in seconds if it wanted to.

I remember once going on a boat ride in India and going right past a few dozen crocs situated on top of each other on this tiny island... I'm sure just one of those things could have split the boat in seconds if it wanted to.

They are rather fond of eating... as are we all! :) But they are lovely animals, and very well evolved for their "niche" in the grand scheme and all!

Most reactions

Back