What's new

Cross-bracing

tb2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
971
Reaction score
2
I like silhouettes, and I like abstractish shots, and both came together in this image of the cross-braced supports under the Central Pier, Blackpool.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Pier-supports.jpg

 
Wonderful. I think that pier gave us many beautiful silhouettes by now.

Dani
 
I really like that one, tb2. Like you say, there's an abstract quality about it, but it's the water that really fascinates me. You can see what looks like an incoming curling wave at the top, and then the progression in colour from grey/blue to gold is really striking.
 
looks perfect. nothing to change
 
Thanks for the comments Dani, Antarctican & degimatt. You know Dani, some people hate piers and I can't understand why. They certainly give lots of photographic opportunities. Incidentally there are 5 (4 Victorian, 1 Edwardian) on the coast where I live! The water, Antarctican, benefitted from the colour provided by the low sun and the shadow. I picked that yellow and bluish and emphasised it a touch.

Regards, Tony
 
Something makes me feel like one step to the right and a perfect symmetry could have worked here, too.
 
I'm with Corinna.
I think perfect symmetry looking straight on at these would have made this excellent.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom