cross

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$DSC_1715_1244.JPG $DSC_1715_1245.JPG

I don't know how long it has been there. i'm near fourty and it has been there since me.
It has broken more than once, someone comes back and patches it. I check in on it
every couple years and notice the patches.
I don't know who first made it. It is on church owned land. But not near a church.
it is on the edge of a field in the woods about fifty feet. There are no gravestones, or nothing similar anywhere
near this location and miles away to them. The people I questioned at
the church didn't know where it came from either. The church owned the land over a century and a half.
It looks like the stones were built first (they looked prettier years ago) and the cross was attached at a
more modern time on top within the last hundred years. I don't know. It is just there. Someone put it there.
someone repairs it.

Last edited:
I know it may not seem interesting to some. But you walk through the trees, come across this, it raises a lot of questions...

Yes, certainly not the normal, everyday thing to encounter. It might be better photographed during the daytime, so that its odd location can be shown more in some kind of a context. The extended caption information you provided helps us understand what it is we are being shown, but the photo per se is not all that illustrative of the odd location. But hey, thanks for showing us something "different" from your world.

Very interesting subject. Not so great a capture.

I thought I saw skulls in the rocks before I leaned in close.

Very interesting subject. Not so great a capture.

I thought I saw skulls in the rocks before I leaned in close.
yeah. I never intended on posting it, was just there last week and snapped. will be sure to do again. thanks.

Might be better in "just for fun". General will get you a lot of feedback on the quality of the image. Do you want me to move it?

Might be better in "just for fun". General will get you a lot of feedback on the quality of the image. Do you want me to move it?
yes. thanks.

I like both. Execution and composition are very good.

Really just makes you wonder when you come across it. Could be something to do with the church. But I have my doubts it isn't near it. Hundred feet behind it cutting through is this.. which is why I go that route I tend to walk the tracks. Took the cross photos the other night using just on camera flash coming back through. I'll see if I have some daytime ones I think I do somewhere.

$DSC_1919_1248.JPG $DSC_1922_1250.JPG

Last edited:
Always weird chit in the woods. I've found my fair share of the strange and unsettling.

Most reactions

Back